The medical procedure designed to end the life of an unborn child by removing it from the mother’s womb prematurely and forcefully.
While there are many abortion providers in the United States, the one that gets the most attention is Planned Parenthood.
The number of abortions in the United States is staggering. You can Google the numbers and you’ll see:
- In 2011, approximately 1.06 million abortions took place in the U.S http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/
- Blacks comprise only 13% of the population of America but account for 37% of all abortions.• Black women are five times more likely to abort than white women.• 69% of pregnancies among Blacks are unintended, while that number is 54% among Hispanics and 40% of pregnancies among Whites.
• Planned Parenthood, the largest seller of abortions in the United States, has located 80% of its abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods, disproportionally targeting minorities for abortion. http://www.operationrescue.org/about-abortion/abortions-in-america/
I heard recently and did research on what was mentioned above, that is the number of abortions that were being performed on black women. The soundbite I heard mentioned New York City as an example and here’s what I found from the CDC:
- Over 35,000 babies were aborted by black women in New York City in 2011. That’s 46% of the total abortions. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6311a1.htm?s_cid=ss6311a1_w#Tab12
- The black population is only 25% of the total in New York City. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/36/3651000.html
- Add in the Hispanic abortions of nearly 24,000 that year and we see that there are almost 60,000 missing minority children from 2011 alone that would have been born in New York City.
- Compare that with the 9,550 white abortions (12% of the total) with the percentage of black or Hispanic abortions which amounted to 77% of the total!
You can take the time like I did and dig up these numbers, or look at the links I included.
The Black Lives Matter movement needs to look at this and show some outrage. So does the Hispanic community.
Heck, everyone does. Not just those who picketed Planned Parenthood this weekend.
A quote from the Yahoo News article linked above,
Vice President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America Eric Ferrero said in a statement that the rallies were meant “to intimidate and harass” the organization’s patients.
“Unlike these protesters, compassion is at the center of what we do, and we will continue to provide care, and a safe, welcoming environment for our patients, no matter what,” he said.
Locally this is what my friends reported as they were part of the protest and prayer in Fort Wayne,
Every #ProtestPP opponent either dropped the F bomb or gave us the finger. I think that’s them invoking the name of their god.
As a Dad and now grandfather, my heart grieves for the millions of missing children that never got a chance.